Hospice Care at our Inpatient Centers
Pioneering hospice care in the state, Arkansas Hospice opened the first hospice inpatient center in Arkansas in February 2000. Now, we have three inpatient centers to serve patients with advanced illnesses who have physical symptoms that cannot be managed in other settings.
In addition to our 10 local offices, Arkansas Hospice has:
- The Ottenheimer Inpatient Center, located at CHI St. Vincent Infirmary in Little Rock
- The Hot Springs Inpatient Center, located at CHI St. Vincent Hot Springs
- The Arkansas Hospice River Valley Home, our free-standing inpatient facility in Russellville
We maintain staffing ratios that exceed hospital standards with frequent physician visits in addition to our nursing, pharmacy, social, spiritual and volunteer services. Our River Valley Home in Russellville (pictured above) is a free-standing, state-of-the-art, 8 bed inpatient facility providing a warm, home-like setting.
Hospice services are covered by Medicare or Medicaid, private insurance, private pay or through charitable care. This care is provided to all in need of our services regardless of age, sex, race, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, color, national origin, religion, citizenship status, veteran status, illness, handicap, disability or ability to pay.
- Physician-directed care
- Registered nurse on site 24 hours a day
- Personal care 24 hours a day
- Social worker services for the patient and family
- Chaplain and spiritual assistance
- Volunteer support
- Diagnosis-related medications
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Bereavement services
It is possible that a patient will improve, resulting in discharge from hospice services. Or the patient or caregiver might decide to stop hospice care to seek aggressive, curative treatment. Hospice services can easily be resumed, if needed, at a later time.
To learn more about our services, please call our Arkansas Hospice
Admissions Team at 501-748-3400 or toll-free at 877-257-3400.
Contact us for more information.